Collision Repair Technology
COLLISION REPAIR (CIP CODE 47.0603)
Both theory and hands-on training are emphasized in our three-year Collision Repair program that provides education and skills in the collision repair field that will prepare them to enter the workforce or go on to post-secondary education. Course topics include Mechanical and Electrical Components, Non-Structural Analysis and Damage Repair, Painting and Refinishing, and Structural Analysis and Damage Repair.
Collision Repair Skills
Collision Repair students become skilled in operating a variety of hand and machine tools and are in charge of repairing and replacing automotive parts. Collision Repair technology offers good job security because all vehicles are bound to need repairs throughout their driving life. Our students will learn . . .
- painting, refinishing and detailing
- non-structural analysis & damage repair
- plastics & adhesives
- frame straightening
- gas and MIG welding
- windshield repair and replacement
Careers and Initiatives
- Students will have the opportunity to co-op in their senior year providing grades and attendance meet state standards.
- Discover the many career opportunities in the Collision Repair industry.
- A few of the many jobs in Washington and surrounding counties include Auto Dealers, Collision Technicians, Frame Straightener, Refinisher/Painter, Windshield Glass Installer, and Parts Supplier.
- In 2020, the average wage for a Collision Repair Technician was $21.24 an hour, $44,190 annually.
Post-Secondary Training Options
Colleges and trade schools articulate with Western Area to provide students the opportunity to advance their careers, including . . .
- Community College of Allegheny
- Ohio Technical College
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Rosedale Technical Collage
- I-Car: Several Subject Areas
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation: ASE Certification
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence: Section 609 Certification for Refrigerant Recycling and Recovery
- S/P2: Automotive
- S/P2: Collision Repair & Refinish Safety
- S/P2: Safety & Pollution Prevention