Admission - Practical Nursing
In order to be considered for admittance to the Practical Nursing Program, applicant MUST complete the following:
1. Have a High School Diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or Home School Equivalent certificate
2. Be 17 years of age or older
3. Schedule a time and date for the KAPLAN Entrance Exam with the Program Secretary. Achieve a 55% or higher score on the proctored exam. The Entrance Exam can be taken a second time, after a 30 day waiting period, if the 55% passing score is not achieved on the first try. The applicant is responsible for the $45 examination fee for each exam taken. Study guides/books are available through Amazon or your local book store.
4. Complete and submit the Application for Admission Form on the day scheduled for the KAPLAN Entrance Exam.
5. Once you pass the Entrance Exam, the staff will contact you to set up an interview with the Program Administrator prior to acceptance into the program.
6. If a candidate is a current certified nurse aide or certificate medical assistant and can show up to date state licensure, the entrance exam will be waived.